By means of certification, local food shops and a catering service, Terre Vaudoise fulfils its aims of presenting the products of Vaudois agriculture, guaranteeing their origin to consumers. This traceability is one of the keystones of the commercial offer of Terre Vaudoise, as is the seasonal nature of the Vaudois products.
The Terre Vaudoise brand originated in 2011 from the merger of the Halle Romande shops and the Produits du Terroir Vaudois certificate, which was launched in 2000 by Prométerre, the Vaudois association for the promotion of the agricultural professions.
Terre Vaudoise combines points of sale, a catering service and over 350 certified terroir products, which places the brand in the top 5 of the regional brands of Switzerland. The goal of Terre Vaudoise is to boost promotion of the products of the Vaudois terroir, by guaranteeing their origin and seasonality.
Five key principles have been established:
- Proximity: at least 90% of the raw materials come from the canton of Vaud, where processing is also carried out.
- Variety: a wide range of products from a very rich terroir. Make the most of the very best the Vaudois terroir has to offer.
- Authenticity: whether the products are traditional or new, their authenticity is guaranteed as they reflect ancient regional know-how.
- Traceability: identification and transparency are assured. The majority of the products are subject to monitoring by the Organisme Intercantonal de Certification (OIC, intercantonal certification body) and carry a description tracing them back to their origins.
- Quality: all the products are produced using production methods which respect the environment and animals. In addition, regulations in matters of hygiene, the cold chain, self-checking and labelling are strictly observed.